CH213 Physical Chemistry II (2009 Fall 3:0:3(3))
Chemical thermodynamics which treats macroscopic chemical systems is the main area for this course. Topics include laws of thermodynamics, property of gases and solutions, and the chemical equilibrium. To emphasize the molecular viewpoint in chemical thermodynamics, prior exposure to quantum mechanics in CH211 will be utilized to introduce partition functions of statistical mechanics to explain some aspects of laws of thermodynamics.
Instructor: Prof. Yoon Sup Lee
- Office: #1103, Department of Chemistry
- Tel: 042-350-2821
- e-mail: YoonSupLee@kaist.ac.kr
- Lecture Hours: 10:00 - 11:00 Mon. Wed. & Fri.
- Place: #412, CLB
- Text: McQuarrie and Simon, Physical Chemistry: A molecular approach
- Lecture Notes: see 'Course Schedule'
Teaching Assistant 1: KangHee Cho
- Office: #1115, Department of Chemistry
- Tel: 042-350-2870
- Mobile: 010-6472-2127
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching Assistant 2: JunHo Yoon
- Office: #2115, Department of Chemistry
- Tel: 042-350-2883
- Mobile: 010-3764-0160
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Fridays 7-9p.m. at each TA's office
- Attendance 10%, Homework and/or quiz: 20%, Midterm 30% Final 40%